Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my body rocks a rhythm. you beat my drum hard.

For the past two months, I've had the biggest urge to buy a new wool coat. I did a lot of window-shopping online, and I even checked out Macy's, Target and Burlington Coat Factory. But I couldn't find one that fit the bill.

As I was staring at my wardrobe, trying to figure out what to wear on Dec. 3, a certain coat caught my eye. A funky loud plaid jumped out at me. It was a coat that I bought on clearance for $19.95 at Charlotte Russe earlier this year. It still had the tags on it. As soon as I put this coat on, that urge to buy a new wool coat disappeared. The black, white, green, and orange patterning did me in.

So, the point of this story is this:
Shop in your closet, for crying out loud!

This is how I looked on Dec. 3:
12-3-10-a
12-3-10-b
wool coat: Charlotte Russe.....skirt: Ross
socks: Target.....boots: Avenue.com
circle scarf: American Apparel
under coat - top: Marshalls.....sweater: Nordstrom

2 comments:

  1. I was with you the day you bought that coat! I LOVE IT on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    We need to do some shopping!!

    ReplyDelete