Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Merry Xmas," says your text message

This is how I looked on Dec. 14:
12-13-12
sweater: Anthropologie......tanktop: Mervyn's.....jeans: Forever 21
boots: Madden Girl

Brian and I went to the SJ Downtown Residents Association holiday party at a really swank night club. They brought in several nearby restaurants for the catering, and, yes, I indulged. Lemongrass chicken from 19 Market, a Vietnamese restaurant. Crepes from CreParis. Cheese empanadas from Mezcal. Fried rice from On a Roll, another Vietnamese restaurant. Sooo delicious!

After the party, we headed on over to our second-fave bar at Grill on the Alley. We were in the mood for chocolate souffles. Sadly, they took that dessert off the menu. I had key lime pie instead. Brian had strawberry shortcake. Nothing can compare to that chocolate souffle, but those desserts definitely hit the spot.

I also celebrated a non-scale victory (NSV) that night. I was able to zip up these boots over my jeans. 

My good pal Becca wore this style boots when we saw The Raveonettes in Feb. 2011, and they looked so good on her. After some hemming and hawing, I bought these boots online. Sadly, I could barely zip them up halfway my big calves. So, I hid them away under my bed in shame.

I am so glad I did not give up on these boots!

12-13-12-boots

No comments:

Post a Comment