Monday, July 12, 2010

jump start heart. now, don't fall apart.

Happy One-Year Blogiversary to me!

Sadly, there is no outfit photo to post. Because it's Monday, my outfit consisted of something serious in the colours black, grey and teal. So predictable, I am.

But I did celebrate by going through both my closets and starting up a donate pile. In spite of my hoarding tendencies, I decided to get rid of the clothes that are just too big for me. Let me tell you, it was hard sorting through my trusty old cardis and skirts.

I'm going to try something new -- I will try shopping at some store that isn't a bargain place once a month. This idea came about after going into the Anthropologie in SF last Friday and actually buying stuff. The quality of the two pieces I purchased, a cardi and a dress, just blew me away. I didn't have a guilt trip because that was money well-spent.

I'm going to keep my mind (and my wallet) open and just enjoy going into higher-end stores. But I'll always be a bargain shopper at heart.

For the heck of it, I'm closing this post with a song.
"Kim Wilde" by Charlotte Hatherley. A long-time fave.

3 comments:

  1. Hi darling! Thank you so much again for the jeggings! You know my size, so if you wanna get rid of anything, I will be happy to take 'em off your hands!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so psyched that you are wearing Anthro stuff! Way friggin' cool. Post pics when you get a chance!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd feel right sending you worn out cardigans! I do have a cute purple Ann Taylor skirt that would look awesome on you. You're so getting that one!

    ReplyDelete