Friday, February 12, 2010

Hold on because sweet love brightens your life.

Today, I received an early Valentine's Day present from Brian. He had flowers delivered to my work!

Below are two super-crappy cell phone pics of the flowers. I displayed them on the work table behind my desk. And check out what I had to do to make sure the flowers were not knocked over in my car from my obnoxious driving.

2-12-10-aa
2-12-10-ab

Here's a decent pic taken at home:
2-12-10-a

WHEE! Thank you, Brian~!

Now, onto the outfit portion of this post.

I've decided that leggings are my new tights....as long as I wear them under boots. I actually walked in wearing flats, but I thought that the flats made my outfit look wayyy too casual.

When I first started working at my current job, I was really uptight about my outfits. Blazers, blouses, skirts, and black slacks. I even wore suits. After working there for a few months, I eased in cardigans. And then I started being more lax about what I wore to work. Yep, I totally went downhill from there.

Cardigans? Who would have thought?

2-12-10-b
sweater: Target.....tanktop: Kohls.....skirt: Papaya
leggings: Target.....socks: Target.....boots: Payless


I currently own two pairs of tall wide calf boots. The boots pictured are the only ones I feel okay wearing to work. The other pair are my leather Sarah Connor Boots, which, unfortunately, very obviously, are not work-appropriate. So, now, I'm kinda on a mission to get a third pair of tall wide calf boots. I've been looking at Jessica London Online, Zappos, and WideWidths.com. We'll see...

4 comments:

  1. Try Duo Boots. My friend has ordered two pairs from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link! The boots on that sight are the best I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' this outfit. That skirt is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete