Tuesday, September 7, 2010

there she goes again, racing through my brain

This is how I looked on Sept. 4, walking around The Haight in SF:
9-4-10-a
9-4-10-b
9-4-10-c
ruffled hoody: Fiorucci for Target.....backwards top: Nordstrom Rack.....skirt: NY & Co.
socks: Target.....boots: Avenue.....handbag: Dooney & Bourke


This ruffled hoody by Fiorucci for Target had been sitting in my closet for a long time. I'm a hoarder -- I kept it even though I couldn't fit into it. Well, you know the story, I've been shopping my hoarded stash ever since going down a few sizes. I knew it would be a bit chilly in SF, so what a great excuse to have this lovely piece see the light of day.

This is how extreme the temperature change can be going from SJ to SF. As we were leaving San Jose, it was 77 degrees. When we got to SF, it was 59 degrees. Seriously.

Brian and I drove up to The City to hang out with Em and Dave. We had lunch at The House in North Beach. We went thrift shopping for 80s clothes in Haight-Ashbury. Then, we went back to Em and Dave's apartment in North Beach, where Em cooked dinner and we watched Hot Tub Time Machine on dvd.

This is my most favourite item to order at The House:
mango tapioca pudding
The mango tapioca pudding.
It has coconut milk in it, thus making it really decadent.
Mmmm.

We did quite a bit of walking around North Beach, and the song "There She Goes" by The La's played over and over in my head. Why? Because that song was featured so prominently in the movie So I Married An Axe Murderer, which was filmed mostly in North Beach. I am obsessed with that movie.

2 comments:

  1. HELLO! I ordered the LARGE cappuccino! hahaha Ahh I love SF so much! Did you find anything 80s awesome at Haight? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ralph. SHE'S your friend. Ralph. SHE'S your friend." -- that line gets me every single time!

    The only person who scored cool 80s swag was Dave. And he's excited that he'll also be able to wear it to when he goes to metal shows.

    ReplyDelete