Monday, June 7, 2010

sky rocket to Mars, straight to your heart

T-shirts and jeans days.

This is how I looked on June 4:

6-4-10-a
6-4-10-b
t-shirt: Fiorucci for Target.....tanktop: Mervyn's.....jeans: Bitten by SJP, Steve & Barry's
socks: Target.....Etnies shoes: PacSun
I wore a tanktop under the shirt because the shirt is flimsy.


This is how I looked on June 5:
6-5-10-a
6-5-10-b
t-shirt: a Sahara Hotnights show.....jeans: Bitten by SJP, Steve & Barry's
Fit-Flops: Downtown Disney, WDW


Back in 2008, I bought a pair of size 8 jeans at Steve & Barry's in the hopes that that would motivate me to get back in shape. Haha! Uhm no. Yeah. I think I cursed myself with those pants because I proceeded to gain more weight a week or so after purchasing them.

After going through several donation purges of my wardrobe, I still kept those pants. Even though I was disappointed in myself, I was being an optimist. Or maybe it was just my hoarding tendencies kicking in.

Back on Febuary 28 of this year, I decided to take better care of myself by eating healthy. I started keeping a paper journal to track my eating, and I started eating veggies and beans. Originally, I was someone who would only eat meat and starchy carbs. So, adding such items like Swiss chard and chickpeas to my eating routine is a really big deal.

Well. Last Friday, I tried on those pants....and they fit! I was so happy about this, I wore them again on Saturday. I am still in a state of disbelief.

Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment