Tuesday, November 10, 2009

If this is the last dance, then save it for me, baby.

I simply adore The Raveonettes. Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo have this amazing platonic chemistry that I've never seen before. Their harmonising is beautiful, and they both are good-looking. Sune's knack for writing 1950s pop is truly awe-inspiring.

The first show I saw of theirs was at Bottom of the Hill in SF, April 2004, and I've been a true fan ever since. I've had my random fleeting short-term music obsessions, but my Raveonettes love just keeps staying strong. They always stay true to their vision of making good retro rock music, so I will always love whatever they churn out.

(By the way, Whip It On is one of the greatest albums of all time, this I swear.)

2009 was a banner year for me in terms of seeing The Raveonettes. I got to see them at Bimbo's back in January with my fabulous bff Clifford, and I got to see them again at the same venue yesterday with my best friend Em.

What I love most about seeing The Raveonettes live is that their music does sound better live. Also, I appreciate that they are a no b.s. band. They play their set straight through without very many breaks, they play their encore, and then they leave. But when they do take a breather, they thank the audience profusely. And Sune is such the bad-ass guitarist.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday night:
11-9-09-a

11-9-09-b
(Sharin always wears fabulous shoes.)

11-9-09-c

11-9-09-d

Em and I were up against the stage, right at Sharin's feet. She is one of the most beautiful people ever. Gah!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast, girl! So awesome!! I gotta listen to their new one!

    xoxo

    Oh, and I love that coat and beanie you rocked! I thought you made your hat though! haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the lookout for cute beanies at stores because I'm just that lazy!! I realised that I like knitting hats for other people. Totally random!

    ReplyDelete