Saturday, November 7, 2009

Snakes on a ring.

HSN is the mother of all shopping channels, and the clearance rings section on its website is full of eye-candy....

...and some really random items such as this piece of fashion jewelry from D-List star Tori Spelling.

tori snake ring
It's goldtone and has (no surprise!) faux turquoise. The price? $27.95, marked down from $39.95.

I've entertained the thought of purchasing it for the heck of it, but no, I'd rather wait for it to hit below $19.95. The ring in the above picture looks like cheapy costume jewelry, especially when seeing there is quite a bit of a gap between the bezel and the stone.

And that's not the only snake ring in the clearance section. How about this one?
jade snake ring
For those who prefer "fine" jewelry, this one is 14-kt gold and has genuine green jade. For a bit of sparkle, there are tiny diamond accents. The price? $229.90, marked down from $299.90. Ouch.

One other piece caught my eye: a cheetah ring!
cheetah ring
The cheetah is carved out of ivory-coloured cow bone and is framed in sterling silver. The ring itself is black resin. The price? $29.95, marked down from $44.95.

I've been really happy with the few rings I've ordered from hsn.com's clearance site. It is no surprise that most of them have cz stones. Hey, I love the sparkle! And after looking at the above cheesy rings, I think I'll just stick to the cz rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment