Thursday, January 28, 2010

Don't send flowers --- just give me some hours.

Last week, I received two rings. Both smoky quartz. Both size 7.

01-23-10-a

Let's start with the big bauble that's on the right side. A 15-ct Portuguese-cut round set in a crown of silver.
01-23-10-d
I purchased this on GemsTV for the GTFO price of $22.00. YES! $22.00! This was the first purchase I've made from that network, and it was a ring I saw on-air.
01-23-10-e
Because this ring was being sent UPS, I had it shipped to work. When I opened the package, I couldn't believe that the ring was so huge and that it was only $22.00. One of the awesome tenants at work saw me mesmerized by my ring, and she came up to me and said, "So, you like smoky quartz? I have a crap ring that I don't wear any more. Do you want it?" My response: SURE!

A few days later, she brought it in and gave it to me.

This is the "crap" ring.
01-23-10-c
What? She thinks of this as "crap"? Yeah, seriously! She was so relieved to give it to me because she's only worn it once.
01-23-10-b
Going from the description of the pendant-version of this on Zales.com, the cushion-cut stone is 10mm. I'm guessing that's about 3 to 4 carats. The accent stones are white topaz, and it's set in 10K gold.

The rings slide off my thumb, so I'm getting them resized. The silver ring was sent to the GemsTV resizing department, and the gold ring was added to a bunch of rings I've been meaning to take to a mall jeweler.

I still can't get over how lucky I was last week!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you got two rings for $22!! That's AMAZING! See, all those hours watching GemsTV totally paid off. ;) It's gorgeous, I love that smokey look. I'm sure both look stunning on you.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smoky quartz because it's a lovely neutral. It just goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete