Sunday, January 31, 2010

Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine.

This is how I looked on Saturday:
01-30-10-a
01-30-10-b
jacket: Wilson's Leather, a gift from Brian's mom.....dress: Charlotte Russe
tights: JC Penney.....booties: Payless

01-30-10-d
A close-up of the dress fabric. I bought this dress with the sole purpose of wearing it with my leather jacket. (Cough, Erin, cough, you inspired this!) I'm still surprised that a dress from Charlotte Russe actually fits me.

01-30-10-c
I wore bright purple tights with this dress. Totally random choice. I wasn't in the mood for my usual black tights.

What was the occasion? I celebrated my birthday in Las Vegas with Brian. And we went to Las Vegas for one reason: Sheena Easton. Omigah, I love her!! Seeing her live made my birthday so awesome.

I was too young to see Sheena when she first came out with her big hits. Obviously, I was way too young because I used to think "Sugar Walls" was about Hansel and Gretel and a house that was really made of sugar. Then, randomly in late 2009, I got really into her. I got all of her albums and was completely hooked! So, seeing Sheena at a show in Vegas was like making up for lost time.

Confession time: I totally cried when Sheena sang "For Your Eyes Only." It was pure magic.

sheena-vegas-01
sheena-vegas-02
sheena-vegas-03

By the way, I turned 32. :)

By the way, she did perform "Sugar Walls", and hearing those high notes live sent chills up and down my spine.

4 comments: