Sunday, July 12, 2009

first post.

An explanation of the blog's name: My name is Leina, pronounced "lay-nah". Back in seventh grade, a classmate nicknamed me "Lane Wayne", after "Dwayne Wayne" on A Different World. Oh, and get this, I'm also a fan of the Wayne's World movies.

Bada bing, a blog title was born.


I've been meaning to start a clothing blog for a few months, but my mind was kept busy with wedding planning. Now that the honeymoon is over, I've been kinda idle.

Well, anyway, Brian and I had some errands to run before going on a walk. Des
pite the 80-something degree weather, what did I choose to wear? A sweater and a black skirt.


pullover: H&M.....black skirt: Ross.....shoes: good ol' reliable Chuck Taylors
purse: Dooney & Bourke.....watch: Walt Disney World.....bracelet: Wet Seal




Oh why not? My wedding set.


When we go on walks, it's usually around downtown San Jose, up and down the numbered and the San/Santa streets. Today, we drifted off for a bit and visited, what I call, the "afterthought" statue that's at Pellier Park on Julian Street. Behold, the Thomas Fallon statue.

I call it the "afterthought" statue because, right after it arrived from Italy, it was locked away in a storage facility in Oakland back in 1989. The statue finally got to see the light of day in 2002. The spot where it's at is kind of sad for a monument of this grandeur. The poor statue stares at Highway 87 all day long.

2 comments:

  1. That green is a beautiful color on you! For my coloring (i.e. pasty) I have to be careful with green, which sucks because I love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally look awesome in green! Not too sure about deep hunter green, but, yes, the lighter shades.

    ReplyDelete