Tuesday, July 21, 2009

welcome to the sixties. oh, oh, oh, oh....

In last Friday's SJ Merc, there was an article about the current crop of Emmy nominations. Featured in this article was a photo of the cast of Mad Men. In this photo, the women have their arms crossed.

I don't even watch that show, but I loved how Christina Hendricks and Elisabeth Moss looked in that photo.

So, this first shot was inspired by that cast photo.

The combination of this snug sweater and this particular grey skirt made me look curvier than usual. An outrageously huge updo would have most definitely completed the look.

cardigan: BP, Nordstrom.....tanktop: H&M.....skirt: Bitten by SJP, Steve & Barry's
shoes: Payless.....necklace: Cathie Filian on etsy
right-hand ring: Hope Faith Miracles, hsn.com



I still can't get over how this pendant is diy because it is so, je ne sais pas, clean? But then again, I shouldn't be surprised since it was made by Cathie Filian. I love her show, Creative Juice.

This brushed silver concave ring was definitely worth getting from hsn.com. I adore the simple design, and it fits right. The creator of this line was Kristian Alfonso, who plays "Hope" on Days Of Our Lives. Unfortunately, this line was discontinued.

3 comments:

  1. That necklace is adorable! For some reason, I love birds on jewelry (but I hate them in real life)!

    I would so pay to see you with an outrageously huge updo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you hate those darned birds in real life --- they were squatting on your property and making noise. To heck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, yeah, if they'd just sit there silently and look pretty I'd like them a lot more!

    ReplyDelete