Saturday, July 18, 2009

sipping Gran Centenario plata on the rocks

Today was my dear friend Clifford's going away party. He was accepted into the MFA program at an art school in Los Angeles. Mahalo, Newark, CA. Aloha, L.A.

He is my kindred spirit in the visual arts. We first met in Color Photography, Fall 2005, at SJSU. I was also lucky to have him as the bridesman at my wedding.

Today was also one of those rare days that I put on contacts. Wearing contacts means I have to wear sunglasses.



pullover: H&M.....jeans: Bitten by SJP, Steve & Barry's.....shoes: Chuck Taylor hi-tops
sunglasses: ???.....right-hand ring: Tiffany & Co.
necklace: silverjewelryclub.com.....bracelet: Wet Seal

My beloved "rose" ring, which is almost six years old.

Silver garnet pendant on a 16" silver chain.

I own two versions of this bracelet: black and brown.


I ditched those sunglasses on the drive over to Newark because they kept pinching my skull.

My best friend Em was also at the party, and she said she had also bought the same pullover at H&M a while back.

Lots of good food was had at the party. Clifford's dad made fried rice. His friend made nacho casserole. There was spinach dip and potato salad. And my fave food group was there, too. Booze. I had 2 cups of Clifford's delicious sangria and 3 margaritas.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a lush.

As a matter of fact, I'm drinking tequila the proper way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment