Saturday, August 14, 2010

everybody moves to a different beat in the city

This is how I looked on Aug. 12:
8-12-10
sweater: Macy's.....slacks: Marshalls
mini-socks: Payless.....shoes: Aerosoles


I haven't been excited about seeing new movies this year (the exception being Salt), but I have been excited about Flashback Thursdays at the UA Berkeley 7. Last week was Flashdance, and this week was Spaceballs. I could not pass up Spaceballs!

So, I met up with my coworkers Chris and Regina for dinner at Amanda's, where the food is both fast and healthy. I had a cheeseburger, baked sweet potato fries, and a freshly made cola---and the calorie count total for all three items came out to 645 calories. Say what? So I didn't feel a single bit guilty for having such a filling meal. Regina fared better because she had avocado on her burger and she had an iced tea sweetened with Splenda. Even with the baked sweet potato fries, her meal was 545 calories. Crazy! Chris said that he could have devoured two more burgers, but he also said this restaurant made him think about eating his food more slowly.

Ah! Berkeley!

Well, Spaceballs will always be funny no matter what, but the packed house made the experience even better. So many people simultaneously shouted out, "What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? Chicken?!?!" Omigah, hilarious! The only downer was the previews weren't as good as last time. But, oh well, Spaceballs rules.

You know what also rules? Hanging out with such awesome coworkers, that's what!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want to eat at Amanda's! That sounds awesome. Also... don't stop being my friend, but I have never seen Spaceballs! I've just never gotten around to it. I need to rent it in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda's has a veggie burger, but I didn't order it because it contains walnuts. I avoid tree-nuts. That bummed me out!

    I'll continue being your friend even though you've never seen 'Spaceballs'! I <3 Daphne Zuniga, and this movie will always be a must-see for me.

    ReplyDelete