Friday, August 6, 2010

women have been hunted. now, they're hunting around.

This is how I looked the afternoon of Aug. 4:
8-4-10-a
8-4-10-b

sweater: Obscured Oleander cardi, Anthropologie.....tanktop: Nordstrom Rack
skirt: Banana Republic
mini-socks: Payless.....shoes: DSW


This cardi was purchased back on July 9, when Em and I decided to step into Anthro instead of Ross to kill time before our reservation at Zuni Cafe in SF. I made the mistake of only looking for items in the size L area of the sale room. Em, being the awesome person that she is, kept an eye out for items for me to try on as well as for her to try on in the size S and XS sections. She found this cardi and asked me to try it on. I looked at the tag in disbelief. Size S??

"Just try it on. It's going to be baggy on me, but it will fit you," she said.

And I tried it on.

And I loved it!


To celebrate this Anthro cardi, I paired it with a skirt that I haven't worn since 2003. Why, hello there, Banana Republic skirt found on the clearance rack, marked down to $12.95! Oh, how much I've missed you!

5 comments:

  1. I love the pop of bright color with the black. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never felt so much love for a cardi until this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I <3 Banana's sale section too. LOVE the Anthro cardigan! See, you CAN wear a size small!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em - it all depends on the item of clothing that's marked size small. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still though, you can wear S! So awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete