Monday, August 16, 2010

trusted you true in the beginning

Last Saturday, I went to the big Salvation Army on Taylor Street in San Jose. I was on a mission to find something to wear to Rachel's birthday party. My BFF is throwing herself an 80s party celebrate the big 3-0.

So, with an open heart and an open mind full of 80s movie memories, I perused the store...and came away with a dress, a jumpsuit(?!?!), and a belt for $11.85. Mind you, I didn't bother trying the clothes on in the store because I could tell just by looking at them that they would fit. And it kinda grossed me out to try on musty clothes.

After washing them and hanging them to dry, I tried on the clothes, and they did fit!

This is how I look in the dress:
80s-dress-a
80s-dress-b
dress: $6.70.....belt: $2.00

What sold me on this dress was the teal and black print. Even the buttons are covered in the print. And did I already mention that it's teal? It was my lucky day!

And thanks to the clothing label, I have "Promises, Promises" by Naked Eyes stuck in my head.
80s-dress-label

This is how I look in the jumpsuit:
80s-jumpsuit-a
80s-jumpsuit-b
jumpsuit: $3.15.....same belt as before

Bwahahahahahaha!

I can't believe that I actually LOVE this jumpsuit. I purchased this outfit only because it made me laugh when I came upon it. And, even though it's going to be a major pain to undo this outfit just to go to the bathroom, I'd wear it to Rachel's party!!

I showed the jumpsuit pics to Maria, and she said it made her think of Pat Benatar. Success!

Chris said that if I got the dress hemmed a few inches, I could wear the dress on a normal basis. Success!

So, now, my next mission is to buy shoes and accessories to go with these outfits.


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome jumpsuit! Fits you so well too! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina - Now, if only I had your luck when it comes to finding clothes at thrift stores to wear to work. ;)

    ReplyDelete