Wednesday, August 11, 2010

my honey wears his heart on his sleeve

Last Sunday, I met up with Em in SF for an all-day outing.

Our first stop was the beautiful Columbarium. The personalised niches brought tears to our eyes, especially the niches of couples. We spent a moment at the memorium for Harvey Milk, and I placed a penny on his niche's ledge. As tempting as it was, I didn't take any pictures of the niches out of respect.

Lunch was at Pot de Pho. This was my first time eating restaurant pho, and I was not disappointed! We both had medium bowls of pho with rare steak, but I had well-done shank added to mine. I ate the meat first, so I could savour the noodles at the end. Em did the exact opposite.

Then, we did some shopping. We tried on armfuls of clothes at Anthropologie and at Jeremy's. I ended up purchasing a skirt at each store. Em scored a Yoana Baraschi dress at Jeremy's for $24!

By the way, this is how I looked in my regular clothes in a fitting room at Anthro:
8-8-10-a
8-8-10-b
sweater: Target.....tanktop: H&M.....jeans: Charlotte Russe
socks: Target.....Vans shoes: PacSun
coat: Gap Outlet.....messenger bag: Volcom Stone

By the way, I purchased the Nathalie Lété Paris cream and green skirt that's hanging behind me on the right-hand side of the picture.

Em gave me two tops and a dress, which are now too big for her. While at Anthro, I changed out of my trusty teal cardi into a cool hand-me-down burgundy Deletta top, which fit like a glove.

This is how I looked wearing a size XS top that's too big for Em in a fitting room at Jeremy's:
8-8-10-c
Yeah, if it fits me fine, then it's definitely baggy on Em!

Oh, I purchased the Edme & Esyllte cream and green skirt that's hanging behind me on the right-hand side of the picture.

Yep, I purchased two cream and green skirts!

(I took a lot of fitting room pics that day, so I uploaded them to a Flickr set, fitting room pics.)

Somewhere along the way, we had tacos at Mijita. I indulged in a cadillac margarita made with Siete Leguas.

We browsed Macy's Union Square mostly to gawk at ugly handbags, then we met up with Em's fiance Dave at Burger Bar. That place makes the best veggie burger I've ever had!

3 comments:

  1. Just had to say hi, I've been reading but not commenting, and you look soooo good! I am so impressed with your hardcore workout habits and your attitude. You are all toned & look fantastic! I always thought you were adorable, though, so it's not like that changed... you just look a little more badass now. ;)

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you post fitting room pictures because work attire outfits are a lot of black, grey and the occasional teal/magenta. So it's really cool seeing you wear more casual stuff in different colors. Like that last top looks great on you! Gorgeous in maroon. And those green skirts look super cute too.

    Keep 'em coming! Did Em buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alannah - THANK YOU!!!

    Rach - THANK YOU!!! And yes, Em purchased an Anthropologie dress for $24 at Jeremy's. It's so random that we are hooked on a discount clothing store that sells discontinued Anthro pieces.

    ReplyDelete