Thursday, August 19, 2010

l'amour est un oiseau rebelle que nul ne peut apprivoiser

This is how I looked on Aug. 18, my mom's birthday:
8-18-10-a
8-18-10-b
sweater: Anthropologie.....tanktop: Marshalls.....dress: SJP Bitten, Steve & Barry's
mini-socks: Payless.....Nine West shoes: Zappos


The tiers of ruffles are made of awesome.
8-18-10-c
I have no idea what's with the sourpuss expression.

It's been hard facing the harsh reality that flats just aren't good for my feet and ankles, so I bought 1-inch wedges from Zappos.
8-18-10-d
I picked this style because of the buckle detail.

I really like the combo of this black dress with a random tanktop. I may buy another colour or two to wear with this dress.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say that "flats just aren't good for my feet and ankles" do you mean you think they look unflattering? Because I think you can wear flats no problem, just wear shorter skirts! Because you're short, wearing shorter skirts with flats will elongate your legs and flatter your figure!

    If you love the below the knee skirts, wear heels. And wedges for work are awesome because they give you height but are much more comfortable. I love that pop of red in your outfit! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: flats --- After a few hours of wearing flats, my feet and ankles hurt like heck! I guess the lack of any heel = lack of shock absorption. Maybe I walk funny!

    Fortunately, I'm being a lot more conscientious about shopping for shorter lengths. Before, I would just buy whatever was cheap. Not good!

    I really getting my $6.00 worth from this red tanktop!

    ReplyDelete