Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby, hold on to me. Whatever will be will be.

So, let's talk about my new, random-as-all-get-out header/banner.

Early Saturday morning, after three hours of sleep, I decided I needed to personalise this here blog a bit. I print-screened the original layout, cropped it to just the part I needed, and, using my college education intermediate Adobe Photoshop 7 skills, I put in a couple of turkeys and outlined them. The photo used was one I had taken of two turkeys hanging outside the office building back in November 2007.

Right now, the current turkey muse is Roger, aka Henry, the lone tom who lives outside the building.

Roger in the a.m.

Roger in the p.m.

And, oh, here's what I looked like today.

top: Ross.....pants: Wal-Mart.....shoes: Aerosoles
bracelets & right-hand ring: silverjewelryclub.com.....necklace: eBay

I'm all about combining different textures, as is the case with these silver bracelets.

Blue topaz and peridot silver ring.

Tiffany-inspired heart necklace purchased off eBay in 2002.
I think it was less than $15.00.

As much as I like the heat, I knew it would be totally stupid to go on my lunchtime 30-minute walk outdoors in 92-degree weather. So, I spent half of my lunchbreak on the treadmill in the air-conditioned workout room. The music of the Go-Go's kept me company.

I had an excuse to go to the mall right after work: I needed to buy a ticket for a Yeah Yeah Yeahs show. (Seriously, if that's not an awesome excuse, I don't know what is!) After buying the ticket at FYE, I browsed through H&M, Sears, JC Penney, and Nordstrom, but, sadly, I came out empty-handed. Ah, boo.

I think I'll hit up Kohls tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment