Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 7, 2009 outfit - Now, my empty cup tastes as sweet as the punch.

Choice tidbit about me:
My sister and I grew up watching classic movies on AMC and Disney Channel.

Another choice tidbit:
I grew up listening to the local oldies station, KOFY 1050 AM, because that was the only station my mom had her radio set to. And later on, we listened to KFRC. ...And oh boy, how thrilled was I to learn that there's now KFRC 1550 AM~!

In fact, I'm listening to KFRC online right now. Yeah!!

So let's have a toast!
Another Mad Men-inspired pose.

cardigan: Nordstrom.....secret tanktop: Nordstrom Rack.....skirt: Ross
shoes: Payless.....bracelets: silverjewelryclub.com.....right-hand ring: hsn.com


The skirt has pink pinstripes and a few mini-pleats.
It's not really a black skirt, since I'd say it's charcoal.
But I'm still putting this under the 'black skirt' label for the heck of it. ;)


silver faceted ball chain bracelet. silver rat's tail bracelet.

Another grand cz and silver ring from HSN's Xavier collection.

* * *

BONUS RECIPE!

"Prop Martini"

The original idea for this pose was just to hold something that looked like a martini. This glass was going to be filled with only sweet and sour. But, as I set up the camera and tripod, I started to think that I had to stay true to my lush-self. So, right before setting up the self-timer, I decided that I needed to hold a vodka drink.

Because it was so tasty, I had two of these Prop Martinis.


Don't bother with a shaker or ice. Just pour the vodka in the glass first, follwed by the mix.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you went from holding a prop to making two drinks. Ah ha ha!

    I really love your SJC bracelets! I have been checking that site again lately, but they never have anything good. I wear the heck out of my earrings & bracelets (the rings, not so much since I lost weight 'cause most are too big).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a lush!!!

    We are in the skinny fingers club!

    Even though my weight has fluctuated up and down more times than I can count, my fingers have stayed size 5. Thank goodness! Those size 5 rings were hard to come by on SJC. I also have a bunch of size 6 rings because I just liked the style.

    ReplyDelete