Saturday, September 12, 2009

Live life, breathe air --- I know somehow we're going to get there.

Today marked the debut of all the pieces in this outfit.

9-12-09-a
9-12-09-b
cardi: Ross.....sleeveless top: Gap
jeans: Charlotte Russe
.....flats: Target


(I didn't have to work my Photoshop mojo to make the top stay green!)


I bought the tanktop on clearance at Gap back in early June but didn't like how it looked with clothes already in my closet. The cardi was purchased at Ross back in late June, and I couldn't figure out what to wear with it.

Well, last week, I saw those two items hanging next to each other in my closet and thought that they would look good together, but I just needed the right jean to wear with them. Thus was born the idea to buy a dark-wash skinny jean. I went hunting for skinny jeans on Labor Day, and I hit the jackpot at Charlotte Russe.

The flats were purchased at Target on Thursday. I like this pair a lot because of the slight-heel and because of the buckle detail. The orange-red trim made me want to pair these shoes with the outfit.

9-12-09-c
Oh, by the way, these shoes were on clearance for $6.48!

9-12-09-d
I really love how these jeans fit and feel. LOVE.

I took my sister out for lunch at Merritt Bakery & Restaurant in Oakland. Here I am in the parking lot of the eatery.
9-12-09-e
I am so friggen excited to finally eat at this restaurant!

We ate chicken & waffles. I'm a wing-person, and my sister is a leg-person. (That doesn't sound right.)
9-12-09-f
The food was soooooo good!

Most recently, I've had a huge hankering to go to other states to eat soul food. Uhm, hello, why do I have to travel to far off places when Oakland is only a 40-minute drive from SJ? So my latest thing right now is looking for soul food places in the Bay Area on Yelp.


4 comments:

  1. LOVE the green top on you! LOVE! I love the shoes too! The whole outfit looks very comfortable yet chic. I wish I could pull off that kind of green--my skin would look like it's falling off. hahaha ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is so cool! But I think red looks much better on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those shoes! So cute.

    I'm on Yelp! What's your user name there? I totally want to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My username is lanewayne. BUT I am sooooo behind on posting my reviews on Yelp. I've only posted 2 since joining earlier this year! I'll eat at a really good place and think, "I need to review this place on Yelp" and then I forget to do it!

    ReplyDelete