Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You're moments ago, but seconds away.

I'm not one for wearing flats, unless I'm going to do a lot of walking. But, today was an exception.

Why? It's confession time: I can't drive stick shift with high heels on. There. I let it out in the open. I have no idea why I have this mental block. I can drive automatic just fine with heels, flats, sneakers, and even barefoot. But, for manual, I have to wear flats or sneakers. I told my manager this oddity of mine, and she said it's actually easier for her to drive manual with high heels on. See, it's just me!

Oh, yeah, another confession: I refuse to drive while wearing flip-flops. What? Huh? Here's why! A coworker from my Picture People days told me about what happened to a friend of hers: this friend's flip-flop got stuck on the accelerator and she ran her car through the front of a 7-11 because she couldn't stop. I already have paranoid tendencies, but this story freaked the heck out of me!

Okay, back to today. I got off work a bit early to drop off my car at the shop and to pick up Brian's car. His car is standard, thus was born my reason for wearing flats today.

9-2-09-a
9-2-09-b
9-2-09-c
(Bonus "finger guns" pose! This one's for Rachel~!)

cardigan: PacSun.....tanktop: Kohls.....skirt: Ross
shoes: Payless.....bracelets: home-made
silver band ring: Bayfair Mall.....garnet ring: silverjewelryclub.com


9-2-09-d
9-2-09-e

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH @ the finger gunz photo! I will not show this to Jeremy, or he will get too excited. ;) xoxo See you tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stacking rings!

    I think it's easier to drive stick with heels too, but I don't wear really high ones. I sometimes have problems when I wear flip flops & drive because my foot tends to slide off the pedal!

    I always think flats are cute, but I hate wearing them. I have a couple of pairs that just sit in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach - hahahaha! Please do NOT show this to Jeremy. ;)

    Alannah - I tried driving stick with heels once just to get over that fear and I ended up driving barefoot. Yeah, I freaked out!... I like heels way more mostly because of how they make my legs look.

    ReplyDelete