Sunday, September 6, 2009

September 5, 2009 outfit + cheap-o red wines

Saturday, I went to Sacramento to hang out with Rachel and her husband Shawn.

I made sure to get a picture of my outfit before hitting the road.

9-5-09-a
cardigan: Loehmann's.....dress: Converse One Star @ Target
kitten-heels: Chinese Laundry, Macy's

purple + turquoise = why not? :)

(I'm going to tag this post under 'teal' because I feel like it.)

Things we did:

- Rachel and I watched Shawn play this cute and funny game called "Fat Princess" on PS3. The best part of the game was the credits!

- We had dinner at Paesano's in Midtown. Their fettuccine alfredo was deeelicious!

- We bought bon bons and macarons at Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates. It's so great that there's a fine chocolate shop in downtown Sac. :)

- We bought cheap-o red wine at Safeway.

- Rachel and I had wine and chocolate on the front porch because it was so nice outside. Her downstairs neighbour Jason joined us, and we listened to girly pop dance music on his new Blackberry.

- Rachel and I both proceeded to get stupid-drunk from two bottles of cheap-o red wine.

- Singing along with "Rock Band" while stupid-drunk is FUN!

***

Cheap-o red wines of the week:

Toasted Head cabernet sauvignon, $6.98 with club card at Safeway
9-5-09-b
Hi, Rachel!

It was Shawn's idea to buy this one because of the bear. He's obsessed with bears. And who wouldn't like a wine whose mascot is a bear that shoots flames out of its mouth? This stuff was good.

Smoking Loon merlot, $7.98 with club card at Safeway
9-5-09-c
Hi, Rachel!
Hi, Jason!


We bought this one because of the bold label. The wine itself was nice.

And, yes, Rachel and I polished off the bottles in under two hours.

4 comments:

  1. One of the best nights of my life, srsly! I had such a good time getting drunk with you! hahaha Rockband will never be the same. Those wines were damn good! :) I'm so glad you came up last weekend. <3 I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that was one of the best nights of my life too! The amount of wine we drank that night was RIDICULOUS!!! Super-drunk Rock Band was the best! I love you and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple and teal, and that dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple and teal is my fave colour combo! I really heart this dress.

    ReplyDelete