Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh, you're not going to crack. No, you're never going to crack.

Yesterday was black baggy sweater day.

Today was not-black tight sweater day.

9-9-09-a
9-9-09-b
9-9-09-c
cardigan: Papaya.....tanktop: Nordstrom Rack.....skirt: Steve & Barry's
shoes: Payless.....right-hand ring & necklace: silverjewelryclub.com


I'm not one for pockets on sweaters, but the little ones on this cardi are ace. They sure did come in handy for my lunchtime walk --- I put my iPod nano in the left one, and it didn't fall out as I strutted my stuff to Girls Aloud.

Also, this sweater is this odd shade of jewel-tone green that keeps photographing as teal, even with all the Photoshop colour correcting I've done. I'm fine with the teal-ishness, but I admit, I bought it because this particular shade of green really caught my eye.

If you click on the link for the sweater, you will see that it is, indeedy, green!

(I'll tag this post under 'teal' because of the photos, though.)

9-9-09-d

***
Bonus geekery:
Okay, I remembered that I had to do several layers and a mask to keep the sweater looking green while colour-correcting the rest of the image. And while I was at it, I decided to make the white wall look a bit more like white.

9-9-09-e

The end result looks so off to me.

Yeah, so not re-doing the rest of the images.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like that green even better than the teal! How strange that it changes like that when you photograph it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original image file captures the green perfectly, but the entire picture has this ridiculously dark yellow tint. But I must say, I really really love this shade of green!

    ReplyDelete