Thursday, October 29, 2009

honey, don't stop a speeding train before it reaches its destination

Almost two weeks ago, I tried on a pair of zip-up boots at Payless, but I couldn't zip them up very far. Maria tried to help me, but ewww, ouch, yeah, the zipper wasn't going to budge any further. My calves have a circumference of 15 inches, which I know won't fit in most tall boots anyway.

So, thank goodness, Payless.com had that same style in their extended calf sizing. I easily zipped up this pair, and there's still enough room in them to wear over my skinny jeans.

10-29-09-a
10-29-09-b
10-29-09-c
sweater: Loehmann's.....top: Ross.....skirt: Ross
boots: Payless.com
right-hand ring: hsn.com


I was joking around with Maria that these vinyl boots are my gateway drug to look at leather boots on zappos.com that have extended calf sizing. She had recommended that site over and over, now I'm finally listening to her!

Check out my obnoxiously garish right-hand ring!
10-29-09-d

This huge 14ct cz goldtone ring is from the IMAN Global Chic line at hsn. It is incredibly cheesy and totally looks like a costume piece, but I like it. And no surprise, I bought it on clearance!

(The clearance rings section on hsn.com is my weakness, like whoa.)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, LOVE that ring. I've been tempted by some of her jewelry before, but like you I would have to wait for clearance before I'd buy anything! Awesome find (and yay, IMAN)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another IMAN ring that I'm stalking hsn.com right now -- it's at $29.95. I'm hoping it will go down to at least five more dollars! IMAN's jewelry is awesome!

    ReplyDelete