Sunday, October 25, 2009

your candy kisses are sweet, i know

Today, I went to Mitsuwa, my favourite Japanese supermarket in San Jose. Even though I don't buy much from there, I have a tendency to browse the aisles for at least an hour. So, I had to dress comfortably.

10-25-09-a
10-25-09-b
baggy sweater: Ross.....tanktop: H&M.....baggy jeans: Steve & Barry's
shoes: Target


I usually don't tuck my top into my jeans, but I had to make an exception for today's outfit. The jeans are a size too big, so it looked really funny when I tried to style the tanktop over the jeans.

And what did I end up buying at Mitsuwa?
- 2 boxes of Selena "Eture Cotton" puffs
- 3 boxes of Selena "2 Way Cotton" puffs
- 2 P-Mind rubber make-up sponges
- a 5-pack of ramen
- candy!

Random review:
In my opinion, the cotton puffs from Japan are theee best for applying toner because they don't leave behind lint on my face. But it was through trial and error that I found that Selena "2 Way" puffs are the best of the inexpensive cotton puff lines. Ones that were mere pennies cheaper shredded like crazy. Mitsuwa does carry cotton puffs that go for at least 8-bucks a box, like Biore and Shiseido. Now those expensive ones are awesome, but they have a smaller quantity of puffs than the Selena brand. The last time I checked, a box of Biore puffs had 50 puffs, versus 90 puffs in a box of Selena "2 Way Cotton". And I'm all about getting the most bang for my buck.

I bought 2 boxes of the slightly pricier "Eture Cotton" because it's new to me.

And pics of what I purchased:
10-25-09-puffs
10-25-09-sponges
10-25-09-noodles
10-25-09-junkfood

3 comments:

  1. AHAHAHA. Men's Pocky.
    DO NOT EAT THAT.

    Just kidding. But you might grow balls, fair warning.

    And I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Men's Pocky is my most fave flavour. It's dark chocolate over a very crisp cookie. Plus, it makes me look-a like a man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Japanese snacks! Nobody around here sells them (besides Pocky, of course) so every once in a while I order from JBox. I love the Men's Pocky too!

    ReplyDelete